Saturday 17 August 2013

football quotes

Jeoy Barton England football player
1.When people talk about my dark days, when I sit down and think about
it - the misdemeanours I've had, with the things that go on in the real world,
- the things I have done are stupid and foolish. But they are not war crimes.
That's what gets me. When footballers are on the front page and on page seven
is something about soldiers dying or floods or the real tragedies in this world,
I ask myself how we can justify that.
2.You have to face facts. We have not brought quality in.
One or two have done all right but not enough to take the team onto the next level.
We can't gamble on players who have scored six goals in six games in the fucking Pontins
League or in Belgium. I know a lot of the supporters are umming and ahhing
about whether to buy their season tickets. They go out and work hard.
It is a lot of money to buy a season ticket at our place and they are not getting
value for money.
3.Barton questioning whether modern-day footballers receive too much media coverage.
Jeoy Barton

Gabreil Batistuta player of argentine
1.I've always given everything for every team I've played for so that the ordinary fans, the people in the stadium, could identify with me. I owe a lot to the fans of Roma,
Fiorentina and Argentina. They were the reason I played, my inspiration.
I always worked hard to improve my game, to prove to myself that I could be
one of the best for as long as possible. To be honest, I couldn’t care less what
the others think.
2.When I was playing football I never enjoyed it that much,
I was never happy ... if I scored two goals, I wanted a third,
I always wanted more. Now it’s all over I can look back with satisfaction,

but I never felt that way when I was playing.
Gabreil Batistuta 

RANLDO(born september 18,1976)
1.The goal of ending poverty is within reach and everyone can contribute to it
by getting involved or supporting organizations that are already working to give
the poor a better life.
2.No one should be doomed to a life of poverty, whether by birth or as a consequence of war.
RANLDO


Romario barzlain player
1.Quando durmo muito, não faço gols, por isso gosto de ficar na noite.
Translation: "When I sleep to much I don't score. That's the reason I like to go out a lot."
Context: Romario was seen in different night clubs during his carreer while being
the top scorer in almost every major competition he played in.
2.O Pelé calado é um poeta. Dentro de campo, ele foi o nosso pai. Fora dele, tem
                                de colocar um sapato na boca.
Translation: "Pelé shut up is a poet. On the field, he was our Father; outside it,
he should put a shoe in his mouth"
Context :Angry answer after Pele told different sources that Romario should 
                                 retire from pro soccer.
3.Quero deixar bem claro que não vou parar.
Translation: "I want to make it really clear that I will not retire."
Context: Announcing his retirement.
Romario

George Best (best known for his years with Manchester United)
1.I've stopped drinking, but only while I'm asleep.
2.He cannot kick with his left foot, he cannot head a ball, he cannot tackle
and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's all right...
3.There have been a few players described as the new George Best over the years,
but this is the first time it's been a compliment to me.



















































No comments:

Post a Comment